4l60e early shift - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 01:52 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

4l60e early shift

any one know what would cause a 4l60e to go into 4th gear at 35-40 mph and at 50 mph rpm goes down and up After tcc has been applied.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 10:42 AM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLACO707
any one know what would cause a 4l60e to go into 4th gear at 35-40 mph and at 50 mph rpm goes down and up After tcc has been applied.
since both solenoids are off for o.d., id say your having a tcc. problem.
the 35-40 mph shift into od. really isnt that early depending on how much throttle your giving it. if your giving it more than 25-30% throttle and it shifts that early, then id say you have a problem with the tps.
have you scanned for codes? do you have a scan tool (or access to) with a live data stream?
what your looking for is tcc slip rpm on the data stream, also you can do a tps sweep to make sure the tps is ok as well.
this is all based on limited info provided, if possible, can you add more?
like year, make and model, how many miles are on the vehicle, and any recent service work, and how long have you been having the issue?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmith10
since both solenoids are off for o.d., id say your having a tcc. problem.
the 35-40 mph shift into od. really isnt that early depending on how much throttle your giving it. if your giving it more than 25-30% throttle and it shifts that early, then id say you have a problem with the tps.
have you scanned for codes? do you have a scan tool (or access to) with a live data stream?
what your looking for is tcc slip rpm on the data stream, also you can do a tps sweep to make sure the tps is ok as well.
this is all based on limited info provided, if possible, can you add more?
like year, make and model, how many miles are on the vehicle, and any recent service work, and how long have you been having the issue?
tnsmith10;

I would suggest you read the tech manual again on the 4l60e solenoid application. , both solenoids off is 3rd gear in a 4l60e

this vehicle needs a proper scan with a live data stream to see what the PCM is commanding the trans and converter to do.. that way you will know if it is a mechanical failure or electrical control.

then you have to isolate the cause to fix it
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 AM

i have rebuild about 25 4l60e transmission and this is the fist time its happen. I checked the tps and its was out of range at 3000rpm it was only reading 14%. I replaced the tps .Did a live scanne using my snap on scanner and the tcc stayed on during testing. I purchase today the TCC solenoid. extra A & B solenoids. I think i forgot to mention the RPM drop happens when worn up. The ABS and the PARKING brake light in the dash aslo cone on when you star moving. I have no code!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:57 AM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosley
tnsmith10;

I would suggest you read the tech manual again on the 4l60e solenoid application. , both solenoids off is 3rd gear in a 4l60e

this vehicle needs a proper scan with a live data stream to see what the PCM is commanding the trans and converter to do.. that way you will know if it is a mechanical failure or electrical control.

then you have to isolate the cause to fix it
sorry crosley, i thought that was for the 4l80e, and the 4l60e was both off for od. i do most of this out of memory.
i just checked a apply chart (not that i needed to with your correcting me cause i know your right), and sure enough, both off for 3rd. well im sorry for the mis-information there to the OP. as usual, crosley is the king!

back to the OP, you say that the brake and abs light come on when you move, but have no codes. are you checking for them in the abs computer? or just trying to retrieve them from the engine side? with what your describing, i would say that you have a wheel sensor problem, but without the codes, its a crap shoot. you dont by chance have the vehicle on a lift when this happens? its pretty common to see this happen when i "rack or garage" test a vehicle after fill up before the actual road test.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmith10
sorry crosley, i thought that was for the 4l80e, and the 4l60e was both off for od. i do most of this out of memory.

.... I am king of nuttin... I only use my memory too. As I reach retirement age it is tougher to remember this stuff some evenings.

FLACO707;

sounds like sensor problems with ABS lite, first place to check and check connections. Corrosion is possible problem too.

Charging system can cause AC ripple in the electric system if the alternator is going bad. This will disrupt the PCM

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.