Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4L60E interchangeability 01 - 05
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 02:54 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

not an expert in the 4l60 trannys but ive done several LS swaps. Id say the difference is the 99-02 was cable throttle body and 03 and up was TAC system. If i remember correctly the 03 and up trans has a separate controller. when i run into stuff like this i call jeremy at schwanke shortblocks, he is a book of knowledge on LS stuff and they do swaps inhouse, he also sells complete swap harnesses including trans control and a complete fuel system with lines as a package deal for a seamingly rediculous low price. I have jeremy do all my LS programming even on my daily driver trucks and customer stuff.. he is good. He just finished programming a 03 1500hd 4x4 computer for us. 6.0 with a 4l80e and 3.73 gears. after we replaced cats and installed his tune, it went from 12mpg at 60 on the highway to averaging 14.5 and getting 18 on the highway. lots of people call me a liar when ive said this, then they talk to the owner of the truck. he said it has what seems like 2 times as much power also.