Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4L60e, to rebuild or not rebuild, that is the question ?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 04:59 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

4L60e, to rebuild or not rebuild, that is the question ?

Hi guys
First up I'm not working on any hotrod project as such, Yet!
But i jumped onto this site because you guys seem to know what you are talking about, and give good honest clear advice.
Its about the 4L60e tranny in my 2000 5.3L yukon (243,432 miles on it and just went for the first time).

I just read a few posts about DIY 4l60 tranny, the followed the book to the "T" and did (almost) everything as I would have done it or better, and after a few months (!!!!) of working on the tranny and finishing it. It turned out to be a waste of DIY time and $ ( http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/automa...-photos-3.html ) this page 3 of the thread.

What do you think ? Is it doable or not ?? I really want to do this, but don't want the bitter disappointment Like this dude had. I am the pro active type and mechanically minded always fixing thinks work house car. Its not just the saving in $$'s but the satisfaction of knowing you have done it right and gaining a new insight into the car that i rely on every day. if i can get another 1500k mile on it, i would be wrapped.

Old Yukon