Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4L60e, to rebuild or not rebuild, that is the question ?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by old yukon
Could you list the "too many things that could go wrong, not checked or overlooked by DIYers". Perhaps even write a thread.
Old Yukon

LOL.....Nope. I could type for 2 days just on the mistakes i have seen and anything can done incorrectly on the trans. You post questions - symptoms, folks here will answer.

An example of an item that happened on this BBS.

A member had problems with a 700r4... he describe the problems. A few members offered ideas, I also offered suggestions.

He found the problem was he placed the extra pump to case gasket between the pump halves. The rebuild kit comes with early and late design pump to case gaskets.

Questions are : Why would he even think to place that gasket there? The gasket does not remotely cover the whole surface of the pump halves.

How would the folks here looking at a computer screen ever think of that gasket placed there by mistake?

Here is a photo of a fellow that blamed "parts" for his troubles.. his complaint was the trans had "no gears", He had CHECKED everything ..... twice:

Photo shows the pump thimble filter placed into the hole in the pump where the filter tube is installed. This shuts off the flow of fluid into the pump. I have never seen that mistake in decades of rebuilding the 700 series of transmissions.

So.... you post questions, folks here will answer them.

i would also suggest you visit the wiki on Crankshaft Coalition

clik here for wiki