4l60e shift problem, 99 chevy taho 4x4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 01:55 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

4l60e shift problem, 99 chevy taho 4x4

I need help,
My tahoe is having an intermittent shifting problem between 3rd and overdrive. Took it to a tranny shop, they suggested an overhaul an performed it. After I got my tahoe back, problem persist. Took it back and they replaced the tps and speed sensor(located on t-case). Surprise problem still there. When driving my tahoe, around 40-50mph my rpms rev to 2rpms, then quickly return to normal. It feels like it engages in overdrive, but doesn't sustain it. However if I speed up, overdrive works great and will sustain. HELP PLEASE

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2008, 07:35 AM

TCC is being commanded off by the computer due to engine load. Check Mass Air Flow sensor and clean, check distributor for loose bushings, check for correct cam sensor timing. Road speed cures this problem because the engine is turning at a higher speed and the load (torque) changes with that faster engine speed.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 AM

How,

How do I clean a Mass AirFlow sensor, and where is the cam sensor located? Right now I'm clueless! The tranny shop told me,"that my problem could be caused by 3 sensors, two of which I already had replaced the third is the nuetral safety switch on the side of the transmission." Could this be a possibility or are they full of b.s? I figure I my go ahead and let them replace the third sensor, before I try to get my money back, because I still have the same initial problem that I took my vehicle in for. What do you all think?

Last edited by king8403; 02-05-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Info added
Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 AM

Problem solved

Man am I stoked, my problems are over. After a complete tranny overhaul, and replacing the mlp sensor, speed sensor, tps sensor, my problem was the brake neutral switch. Apparently it had a short, and would tell my mlp(black box on side of tranny) to slow down, but if i gunned it, it would speed up..... Well my problem is fixed and I shelled out $1600.00 total.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.