Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4L60e slipping in 2-4
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

4L60e slipping in 2-4

Hello,

Rebuilt trans ,kit with steels ,new converter, new band and filter.
I test drove vehicle everything fine, customers drives feels a slip going to 2nd gear. I retest drive vehicle to conform, yes it slips going to 2nd and 4th "customer drove car harder than i ever have or would" .

So i pull trans back out find no problem with servo seals or pin binding in case, rolled case over poured fluid in worm track right above check ball capsule "3rd accumulator" no fluid leaking into case "good right" ? i have never had to replace one, but i have heard of others replacing them.

When trans is cold and band was fresh you could have not asked for a firmer 1-2 shift 2-3 not as firm but typical, 3-4 same.

one thing does come to mind tho, i had to replace reverse input drum, this trans had been apart for some time and this part was left in"weather" to rust, so a friend who rebuilds transmissions too gave me a drum that had been sanded with a DA sander guess 220 grit"he said it would help seat band?? i think drum needs to be smooth as glass not rough feeling like this one was. Anyways 2 bands "and 2 R&R's" later it still slips going to second and fourth,Im at wits end on this one "having the flu isn't helping"

All accumulator pistons and seals are fine ,no valves in vb are stuck, pressures seem to be fine, according to my scanner trans fluid was up to 240 but i think that was due to slipping ,not causing the slip "it worked great cold'

Any pointers as where to look for problems??