4l60e throttle position sensor question - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

4l60e throttle position sensor question

heres the story im rebuilding my 99 gmc 350 changing to carb motor i was told i would have to manual shift the automatic transmission that would be fine with me not everyday driver but in researching past post on here i dont know if thats true i found a site someone posted on here http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4l80e.htm i called them today they said that i need something to replace the throttle position solenoid but didnt tell me what i needed .i ask did they sell anything to make it work he said i didnt need to buy anything if i was not taking out the computer just changing to carb i guess i sounded real stupid to him but can someone here help me thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by catfishwane; 02-11-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 08:03 PM

it may of been sensor or solenoid he said not sure
Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Last photo:

Please correct the spelling of solenoid in the title of your post, it makes searches a little easier.

Thanks
Vince
Old 02-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

The PCM on that truck will look for a TPS input signal to help determine the shift points and main line pressure of the 4L60E.

If there is no signal or a TPS signal way out of parameters .. the PCM will set a trouble code. That would put the main line pressure to maximum.

The 4l60e will not respond to manual shifting like the old non electronic controlled transmissions...

ALSO; I edited the title spelling of solenoid to sensor
Old 02-12-2009, 06:03 PM

ok maybe it will be better to change transmission reading other post on this site i read about th2004r it sounds better to me than 700r but can you tell me if it will fit in what im doing if so what wires or parts on my 99 gmc do i need to use with it or what do i need to buy by fit i mean any mods to drive shaft crossmember or any thing like that i dont want to be bother sum but need a lil help please thank you
Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishwane
ok maybe it will be better to change transmission reading other post on this site i read about th2004r it sounds better to me than 700r but can you tell me if it will fit in what im doing if so what wires or parts on my 99 gmc do i need to use with it or what do i need to buy by fit i mean any mods to drive shaft crossmember or any thing like that i dont want to be bother sum but need a lil help please thank you
With the TH2004R you'll need a longer driveshaft. Driveshaft & crossmember from a truck that came with a TH400 will work. Change the yoke on the driveshaft to 27 spline. Setup the TV cable brackets & Carb geometry corrector. Need a TCC lockup kit also. TH700R4 is a little less work but I like the TH2004R better also.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:39 PM

ok just asking if i make them mods then i could go with th400 or th350 for about the same mods if this is so then ineed to see witch one of the 4 is best for me and i would be glad for any input i will also look at past post there is a lot of knowledgeable people here and you all have my thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 08:00 PM

Last photo:

Any of the 4 trans will work. You just need to know what you're going to use the truck for. Street cruising, Off road only, Heavy towing etc..
Old 02-16-2009, 07:14 PM

i got a guy i know to build me a 700r4 he said he would work out all prob with it he said he was going to drill out some holes to make fluid flow better change out a small shaft that has something to do with shifting it and put a shift kit in it does that sound right he said parts are 200.00 and thats all i have to pay be ready friday
Old 03-09-2009, 12:19 PM

I'm running into this same problem I have a 94 Chevy 1500 with a 4L60e that I switched from TBI to carburator. I still have the stock computer and wiring harness along with all sensors still attached except the TPS sensor. TCI makes a TPS sensor that is cable controlled http://www.compperformancegroupstore...Category_Code= . Everyone I've talked to tells me this should work. I'll try to keep you posted.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.