Hot Rod Forum banner

4L60E Tranny doesn't leave 2nd gear

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  IrocRacer 
#1 ·
Ok so here's the layout. 1993 Suburban 5.7 TBI 2WD. Only light on in the dash is the ABS light. This is my friends truck so i will try to give good details. From a dead stop the truck starts to move like normal through first then second but i leave my foot on the gas past 2200 RPM's it will wind out the second gear but if i drop below 2200 when i coast without my foot on the gas then it sounds like its idling and when i it the gas it just revs.i have to manually go to 2nd for me to keep going.I have been reading and forsee 3 Possibilities,1-The cable i have to check from the tranny to the throttle body and make sure it snaps back.2-The speed sensor on the tranny and or 3-Shift solenoids.Any insight on this would be great. thank you. P.S On the tranny i found this number 8680514 with a big 8 on the side so im taking it that this is a 4L60E. If im misinformed please let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.