Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

4l60e tranny in limp mode (I think)

12K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tnsmith10 
#1 ·
I done an engine swap to a 4.3 into a jeep wrangler. I put a 4l60e tranny in it and it won't go into first gear or over drive. But all other gears are fine. Also runs really rough. I have been told it could be the trans control module and now I'm being told the tranny is in limp mode. I don't anything about how to get it out of limp mode. If anyone has any ideas or may no anything about my predicament please help me out. Thanks

#2 ·
The transmission is controlled by the PCM which is for Powertrain Control Module as it controls the entire engine and transmission, hence the term Powertrain Control.
I assume you use the engine and trans and the wire harness from the same donor vehicle.

Given that, if there is a problem that would force the trans into limp mode, the MIL or check engine light should be illuminated and codes should be stored.
Try checking the system with a scanner a post the codes/results.

#3 ·
latech said:
The transmission is controlled by the PCM which is for Powertrain Control Module as it controls the entire engine and transmission, hence the term Powertrain Control.
I assume you use the engine and trans and the wire harness from the same donor vehicle.

Given that, if there is a problem that would force the trans into limp mode, the MIL or check engine light should be illuminated and codes should be stored.
Try checking the system with a scanner a post the codes/results.
it wont throw any codes for the trans if theres no power going down to the trans and the harness is plugged in.
to the OP, check to see if you have +12v down to the trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.