Raybestos GPZ105 frictions in 3-4 clutch
High static OEM frictions
The Raybestos Pro Series wide band
Complete steel kit with turbulator reverse steels and kolene 3-4 steels
Complete gasket and seal kit
ACDelco 3-4 Apply and Backing plates for proper 3-4 clearance
Sonnax replacement load release springs
ACDelco 3rd accumulator check valve

I also put in a new reverse input drum and a used pump which I needed due to the stator shaft being unusable in the old pump and the bearings being badly damaged in the reverse drum. I also replaced the sun dome with the beast. The 1-2 and 3-4 accumulator pistons were replaced. A new OEM bonded separator plate was used. I replaced the 3-4 clutch piston and foward clutch housing and piston with new bonded rubber pistons. I did pull the pump apart and replaced the soft parts and filter but deemed the rest ok and reused.

I did not totally rebuild the VB but did replace the Orings on some that I had to remove. The forward accumulator seal was replaced. The 3-2-control solenoid and TC clutch solenoid Orings were replaced.

The reason that I rebuilt the transmission was that I lost reverse. All the forward gears were working properly when I tore it down and that is why I thought the electronics were good and I found mechanical cause for the lost reverse.

This transmission runs perfect for 5 minits or so. Then it decides it likes 2nd gear and only wants to be in that gear . I can still get 1st and reverse also.

I have beat my head against the wall trying to figure out what mechanically could cause this type of behavior to just start happening after the thing runs perfect for 5 or more minutes. I thought since the band had gone to a wide onethat the pin may be too tight and I did adjust the travel of that to be within specification. Only other thing I can think of isreplace the shift solenoids but they must be working properly for some period of time till it starts loving second and you wouldnt think that they would reset if defective.

I am going to have someone do the proper scan to check the computer is telling the transmission to do what it should be telling it to do. I just cant imagine it running perfectly and suddenly having just 2nd , no down or upshift.