Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4l65e rebuild
Thread: 4l65e rebuild
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:39 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I am planning to replace the manifold pressure swithc today and am hoping that this solves all my shifting issues. I have noticed some change in the shifting ( I THINK) since I ground off the tip of the servo pin some. I think that it is within spec but right at the longer length of travel spec. The shift seems to be happening with a slight amount of slip and a somewhat harder engagement than I previously had. If I continue to get this type of shift after replacing the pressure switch I am considering resizing the pen length with a extender that I put on the end of the existing pin or by replacing the pin with a new one. Is one preferred over the other? I read some post on here that said they had seen more than one of these extenders come off.

A concern is what effect does the pin being right at the higher end of the travel specification or maybe just higher than that have on shift and can it cause premature band failure? Also will a corvet servo be a good upgrade to the longevity of the transmission and just how much harder will the corvet servo shift be? Any advice from more experienced builders would be appreciated here.