Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4L80E wiring questions
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Dear crosley, after days and many attempted failures I am about ready to throw in the towel....the internet has slowly lead me to beleive you may be the only one on this planet to help me. I am replacing a 4l80E in a 93 chevy vandura 3500 (short bus) the van is a newer style 11 pin set up, my boneyard trans is the 12 pin set up.... orignally i was told to just splice the 12 pin harness onto my 11 color for color and cap the remanding one which should be a extra 12v... well i found this false... it cause a short and blows my trans fuse.... so i did more research and came up with a schematic and a pin out so i tried it abou 3 different ways and still the same thing... now am thinking about putting the orignal harness back on and changing the internal one, i read someones post where u assisted them and talked about the temp. sensor being different... looking for the best advice possible sir and anything would be greatly apprieciated. Thank you for your time, Devin.