Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4R70W experts-what is this clip?
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Arrowhead's Avatar
Arrowhead Arrowhead is offline
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Stillwater, NY
Age: 52
Posts: 922
Wiki Edits: 5

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
4R70W experts-what is this clip?

Long story short, I pulled the pump out to replace the gaskets and seals. It's a 4R70W from an '02 Mustang GT. When I pulled the pump off, some of the packs became misaligned. So I was trying to jiggle everything back into place and this clip popped out:

Any idea what it is? Pretty sure it came from inside the transmission, but I can't find it in the manual anywhere. I already pull the trans from the car and pulled off the valve body and over drive piston so I can get the stack aligned properly, but no sign of where this clip came from.
Reply With Quote