Hot Rod Forum banner

4TH Gen Camaro Doors Question

981 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  baddbob 
#1 ·
What are my chances of finding a pair of doors with manual window cranks? How common were the base model cars that came with these doors?

I am building a '94 bracket car and want to get rid of the power windows if at all possible. If not possible, does anyone know what wires I need to tap into to power the windows outside the stock wiring harness?

Thanks,
Richard

#2 ·
I've seen manual windows but not many, you could order up some manual window regulators and handles from GM but your door panel will also need to be modified. The wires can be traced from your window motor-there is two wires and you'll need a three way switch to make is work. Or you could just do like they did in the old days and attach a seatbelt to the bottom of the glass running up and over the doorframe- pull up on the belt to lift the glass then clip the belt into it's reciever mounted on the doorpanel to keep it up-cheap, easy, light. Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.