Hot Rod Forum banner

4th gen torque thrust 2s on 3rd gen camaro adapter

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kd5icr 
#1 ·
I just got a set of torque thrust 2 wheels from a 4th generation camaro. I know they are 17x9.5s but im not for sure on the backspacing. Iv been told to run these on my 3rd generation camaro I can use 1.75" adapter up front and 2" or 2.25" out back. I was thinking about just going 2" all around and if i do need the extra .25" in the rear i can just use a spacer. Judging by the looks though it appears im going to need an even bigger spacer up front. Does anybody have any experience with putting these wheels on a 3rd gen?

#2 ·
blue400 said:
I just got a set of torque thrust 2 wheels from a 4th generation camaro. I know they are 17x9.5s but im not for sure on the backspacing. Iv been told to run these on my 3rd generation camaro I can use 1.75" adapter up front and 2" or 2.25" out back. I was thinking about just going 2" all around and if i do need the extra .25" in the rear i can just use a spacer. Judging by the looks though it appears im going to need an even bigger spacer up front. Does anybody have any experience with putting these wheels on a 3rd gen?
I am not absolutly sure on those wheels. You might want to go to thidrgen.org and search the tire and wheels section. I am sure I saw something there about that at one time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.