4th of July Fun - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 11:25 AM

Last journal entry: Slow progress
Wiki Edits: 0

4th of July Fun

Anybody else shoot off a BIG gun last night?

I live in the heart of Silly Valley ("Silicon Valley") in Ca., where just about any kind of exploding stuff is completely illegal. Last night it sounded like a full blown war! People were shooting off air-burst stuff and M80's in their backyards. So my son comes out to the garage about 10:00 and says Hey Dad, lets shoot off the 44.

It's a S.S. 44 cal black powder pistol He got for Christmas when he was about 16.

So we loaded it up with a fat charge (no ball, just a double wad) and he and his two buddies and I went out back and blasted it off.

It was kind of dissapointing actually, the stuff going off around us was so load we could hardly notice it.

I was tempted to get out the 12 Ga. just to make a statement but successfully resisted. LOL.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 11:29 AM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Re: 4th of July Fun

Quote:
Originally posted by meanroy
Last night it sounded like a full blown war!
Roy it must have sounded a felt like war with all the gun shots and stray bullets flying around.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:55 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

a buddy of mine did this and has it on video if i can get it and downdoad it i'll let you know

take a gallon whiskey bottle and fill it half full of gasoline then put on a metal cap(the plastic one will melt too fast) you set it in a fire standing up then back up and wait..... as the gas heats up the water seperates and goes to the top then it starts to boil creating a lot of pressure when it gets hot enough the cap blows off and you get a colum of fire about 30 to 50 feet high.!!!!!
i had a hard time believing it untill i saw the video and i must say WOW it was impressive. they did it two or three times and are all alive to tell about it.

i really wouldn't recomend anyone try this its not very safe!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:15 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

what goes up must come down.......

didn't blow up a damn thing this year. i spent 17 hours of the 4th working. wth right?

whiskey bottle sounds like a neat trick. back far far far away....

meanroy, the house we lived in last, one 4th of july a few years back was spent surrounded by south of the border type people, who were big into shooting off their pistolas and armas de fuego....mostly six shooter .22s...... i uncapped a couple of .270 rounds,wadded 'em loaded up, and let 'er rip. all gun action came to a halt. last year we got a couple of the black cat artillery shell kits. bought them at the last minute for nothing. i imagine they still made money on em though. we now live close the the county jail, and i've allready been visited for running open headers, so no fireworky here. hate to go out to someone elses land. so wth i'll work. the kids are in mexico right now anyway. doing the good shatner. ingreats.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!

Last photo:

[COLOR=red]well did everyone have as fun of a forth as i did? heheh, you guys prolly had more fun i decided this year i wasnt gonna burn my money in fireworks id just watch the others.

heres my best eye catching experience from last night:
during the "firefight" last night i was looking out my bathroom window as my neighbor was setting up one of the big skyrockt mortars,[/color]

[COLOR=white]he lit it once backed off it and the fuse went out, im standin there thinkin man im gonna get a front row show now, and yep sure nuff the crazy guy walks bak up to it and lights the fuse BOOOOM!!!!! not even 1 second for him to run. I see these big huge green red and white fireballs Balls Go flying and sure nuf this dudes right up on it. then they packed up and headed to the hospital until i think he realised he might get n truble for blowing himself up with summin illegal, (came back in like 3-5 mins).[/color]

[COLOR=darkblue]im pretty sure hes okay prolly just some facial hair left and at least a blown eardrum. IT WAS LOOOUUUD.
sure was blood pumping even tho i was about 20 feet from it, i think i learnd my lesson thru this guy, even tho i know not to even mess with them burnd out fuses...(how long do u actually think u got time wise on that 2 centimeter long fuse geeez)[/COLOR]

yall have a gr8 day after 4th,
------------------------------- Abe
Old 07-05-2004, 07:33 PM

Last journal entry: Slow progress

Whoh!

My Dad was a Mining Engineer, as was his Dad. I grew up with somewhat of a familiarity with explosives. (Which stood me in good stead when I was in High School, but thats another story.) He and Grandpa were REAL POSITIVE about messing with fuses that went out.
Don't!
Sounds like this guy may have learned the lesson the hard way. Might have been interesting to watch from a distance like you did! LOL!

I'm having a relaxed 'nother day off haha.
My Son wants some beer money so he asked me what he could help out on. Heh Heh Heh. He's learning to love the Porta-Power, removing the rest of the stuff from the mustang interior. (seems to like the impact wrench too.)
The roll cage got hit so hard it racked the cage over against the door jam, trapping the plastic kick panel and carpet.
I got some ***** kickin country blue grass playing loud.
My neck got all red Sat. working on getting the engine out.
Humm, maybe this is a trend.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:24 AM

Last photo:

Glad to hear things coming along with your ride meanroy! I'm about to start on my floorboards this weekend.

Jen and I went to Myrtle to see their fireworks show. We were about 100ft north of the Cherry Grove pier and could see 3 fireworks shows going off all at once. Cherry Grove, Broadway, and the Pavillion all at the same time.

We were too drunk to shoot anything off ourselves. Good thing too. I didn't feel like dealing with MB police. They will give you a ticket for jaywalking these days just to say they did.

MoocH

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.