Hot Rod Forum banner

4x4 12 bolt rear end same as 2wd rear end???

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  steven king 
#1 ·
I Have a 70 chevy 4x4 with 12 bolt and 4:10s. I wanted to get a new rear end because mine is going bad, but i was woundering if the rear end out of a 2wd is the same as the rear end out of the 4x4?? Also can i get a 5 lug rear end and take the axels out and put my six lug axels in it? Thanks for all the help james

#2 ·
Ed ke6bnl said:
I Have a 70 chevy 4x4 with 12 bolt and 4:10s. I wanted to get a new rear end because mine is going bad, but i was woundering if the rear end out of a 2wd is the same as the rear end out of the 4x4?? Also can i get a 5 lug rear end and take the axels out and put my six lug axels in it? Thanks for all the help james

I posted an answer on the RRT.

Although on the RRT the same question was asked by mx jim

:cool:

#3 ·
I'm having a hard time locating the thread your talking about .. This is an very old post itself and im not sure if it is so old it dropped off, or if I am just too much of a n00b to find it ?

if you can't put a link to it, what is the title? I looked at all (200) of the posts listed on Crowley's page without sucess. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.