Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 4x4 axle conversion ttb to solid front axle.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 06:34 AM
aka Duke of URL

Last wiki edit: Finding vacuum leaks Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared

I know I have to attach a panhard mount and since I dont have a front crossmember where the older trucks had it I will have to fab that all up. other than that I noticed that the radius arms mount to the trans cross member as well as the frame so I need to make a mount to simulate the stock crossmember. hmm sounds like fun wheelin.
It took me a few moments. You are going to stay with coils rather than leafs? Good diagrams are available from a FORD dealer off the CDP (parts computer). If you can find a good parts man, he should be able to let you look through the different setups over the years. I have a FORD TSB here that details cutting rivets and how to replace with proper Grade 8 hardware. You don't want to be cutting/fabbing against the rails. I would try and find all of the necessary brackets/bars off a donor rather than fabbing.

-TECH ARTICLE-DANA 60 Mounting-

-FORD TRUCK ENTHUSISTS-

Am Looking For Factory/Aftermarket Speed Parts For The MEL (MERC-EDSEL-LINC-TBIRD) Engine Family (383-410-430-462) Produced From 1958 To 1968

Also Early FORD Special Service Tools

-Mercury-Edsel-Lincoln-