4x4 question - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

4x4 question

I have a 1994 chevy 1500, push button 4x4. The 4 wheel drive will not work. It will go into low range but the light on the dash will not come on and the front diff will not lock in. Is there a box that controls that and where is it?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2009, 08:12 AM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDamnGarageInTown
I have a 1994 chevy 1500, push button 4x4. The 4 wheel drive will not work. It will go into low range but the light on the dash will not come on and the front diff will not lock in. Is there a box that controls that and where is it?
There is an actuator located on the front differential. If it's the original one, it is thermally controlled which GM had alot of problems with. The replacements are electrically controlled. It is about a $200.00 part from a dealer. Simple install.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Thanks

I will look for this box in the morning. Nothing ever breaks that is cheap to fix!LOL! By the way I have a S10 blazer I drag race, is that what you do?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 PM

Never mind

I just saw your pics. Nice motor! I can't see going through all the trouble of narrowing the frame, I just built a whole tube chassis for it and used a Jegster front end. I have never seen roll cages built like that before. Will that pass specs? I do like your fabed dash, looks very nice. What all do you have done to the motor? I notice the vic jr intake and is that a dominator carb? She looks like she will roll on pretty good! I went with the blazer because of the weight on the rear ( I was racing it pretty much stock body) then we went crazy with the chassis and knocked out the windows, replaced them, cut out allot of metal that we didn't need and ran 6.30 in a 8th. Now it's on the road as a kick *** toy! I built another drag car because it would not pass specs for the class I was in (NHRA rules are a bit**) thinking of switching to IHRA ( not so much headache involved).
Old 06-14-2009, 09:18 AM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDamnGarageInTown
I just saw your pics. Nice motor! I can't see going through all the trouble of narrowing the frame, I just built a whole tube chassis for it and used a Jegster front end. I have never seen roll cages built like that before. Will that pass specs? I do like your fabed dash, looks very nice. What all do you have done to the motor? I notice the vic jr intake and is that a dominator carb? She looks like she will roll on pretty good! I went with the blazer because of the weight on the rear ( I was racing it pretty much stock body) then we went crazy with the chassis and knocked out the windows, replaced them, cut out allot of metal that we didn't need and ran 6.30 in a 8th. Now it's on the road as a kick *** toy! I built another drag car because it would not pass specs for the class I was in (NHRA rules are a bit**) thinking of switching to IHRA ( not so much headache involved).
This was a budget build and I done all the work myself. The cage is just a Halo kit that the track has not complained about yet. The intake is a Victor Jr. with a 1150 gas Dominator. The motor is a 461 BBC (454 +.030), Speed Pro Forged dome pistons, casting 215 heads that have been redone with 2.19 intakes & 1.88 exhaust Ferrea valves, mild porting & gasket matched, Comp cams 294S FT cam. Runs pretty good but as you know, us racers are always looking for more so we are still changing things.

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.