Hot Rod Forum banner

5.0 in a 50 ford

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  1lowryd 
#1 ·
thinking of ditching the flat head 8 in favor of a fuel injected 5.0.
anyone familier with this sawp or any other small block ford in a shoebox? looking for info with motor mounts,tranny mounts,front engine cross member,as well as floor and fire wall modifications. probably do a automatic in it just because but i don`t want a computer controlled trans any sugestions? also thinking that if the front cross member interfears with my new motor that i`ll ditch the whole front clip in favor of something else that has disk brakes. as i`m willing to put the time and effort in just not tons of money for it.
not looking for a step by step or anything just for what to look forward to.
also open for comments and sugestions. thanks

1lowryd
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 1lowryd
Find all posts by 1lowryd
Add 1lowryd to Your Buddy List

#2 ·
As swaps go this is a fairly easy one as everything fits in well..nothing to new and amazing in the mounts..Might consider the universal engine mounts from speedway..Ford performance has the rear sump oil pan if you find you need one..One can use the double hump pan with some modification if one wishes..the mods are not all that hard to do if one is any where near competent as a fabricator..

There are even swap harnesses available now for the engine computer although several fellows have carefully removed the engine computer and harness from the donor car..

If you use the older tranny a C-4 is smaller than the C-6 and works fine in a cruiser..Using an AOD will require a bit more work but is very doable and the AOD is becoming used more in order to get the overdrive..

As far as doing the suspension swap that is a different question and is not altogether neccessary unless you really want to..

Sam

#4 ·
sorry dave but thanks for lookin at my post again i just wanted to get the most info possable. every one has their own opinions and methods maybe some else knows something you don`t and vise versa. i just want to know everything.if you have any other forum sugestions i will look their too. these 2 are just the first 2 i found with more than 10 people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.