Hot Rod Forum banner

5.7 hemi rebuild advice?

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  455olds 
#1 ·
My 5.7 hemi spun a bearing and when I took the engine apart I found 4 cracked pistons. Needless to say I am going to rebuild the motor. I am interested in either putting a stroker kit in it or else beefing up the bottom end for some future mods. I am still a novice at engines and could use some advise. Are there any gimicky stuff that I should ignore? any machine work that should be done since the engine is already apart such as boring it out even if it doesn't need it? Just throw in a forged crank, pistons, and a new cam?

#3 ·
Have the bores checked and do NOT bore unless you have to. I do not know much about Mopar engines but someone who does should chime in. I always get a kick out of people who say it is bored like it adds tons of power, in my experience it does not. You just need as close to perfectly round and even bore for good ring seal. I would go with forged pistons at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.