Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 50% Off Snap-On Tools. What to get?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 AM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFocusZX3
I will look into the socket sets they have for sure.

One of the main ones is Hammers and Dollies? At school we only have Snap On ones. Does someone else out there make a real good set that is comparable or better?
I know this is an old post...but it's raining and I'm bored and this is good information....so...in answer to his quesiton...Not IMHO!

I have a Snap-On body hammer that I bought when I was 18 - I used it professionally for 8 years and I still use it today! Of course back then it was only 20.00!

Here's a picture if you don't believe me! Both are Snap-On BF-604 hammers...Which one is 26 years old?

But the quality is so good with the hammers and dollies I bought 6 more hammers and 3 dollies last year and they are worth every penny.

I've found with wrenches, screwdrivers, and sockets...these items tend to "walk" out of your toolbox - whether it be someone borrowing it and not returning or inadvertently leaving them in the vehicle!

If you are working at a shop where the Snap-On guy comes by once a week that makes it an easy choice he'll have your missing socket...otherwise look at the Professional line of Craftsman tools - not the standard ones... (of course how much longer is Sears going to be in business?) I got a complete set a couple of years ago and am very happy with them.