Hot Rod Forum banner

52 chevy truck

13K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Ltdan62 
#1 ·
What kind of seats will work the best---

#2 ·
Realistically you need to remove the seat riser, that is one problem with these trucks if you want to change the seat. The cushions mount on the seat frame which is bolted to the riser that is welded to the floor. You could mount something somehow to the seat riser I have seen that. But when I changed the seats in my truck I removed the seat riser and simply bolted the seat in like any other car.

Brian

#3 ·
I also took out the bench seat and riser out of my 53 chevy truck. I put in mustang fox body seats.
Something to think about, If you remove the riser you will have to stiffen the floor of the cab. I added two pieces of channel to stiffen the floor. Then I made a frame to hold the seats at the height I liked.
steve

#4 ·
All good advice from Brian and Herman. The problem with the older trucks is that the cabs are narrow. If you want to use a bench seat, you'll need one out of a compact pickup like a Ranger, Dakota, or S-10. Or, a middle seat out of a Chrysler mini van.

#5 ·
Yeah, in my case the top was chopped and the steering column shortened so I bolted the 65 Tempest bucket seats right to the floor. It did get a little support with a flat stock going across from side to side as I remember but that was it. The buckets could be a little closer together so the width wasn't an issue.

It's not narrow enough to need the mini van center seat that would be too narrow, but good thinking, that is a perfect seat for a little earlier truck or car.

Brian

#7 ·
Thank's for all the help----It's a 52 truck it has a 54 cab on it. The floor is all flat now we have put a pieces of steel in the floor.Just re wired the truck,and hope to put engine in 12-1-2012-SBC 406 try to get some pictures are here soon has I can :thumbup:

#8 ·
I have a 53 i used 2002 camry seats i used a center console fits great,two of my freinds also have AD trucks one 50 used rear seat from a surburban Leather with center fold down armreast and cup holders it has flat floor the other 52 used 90 silverado perfect width does not touch doors heighy is correct,looks great ,ofered in leather or fabric,wide choice of colors if you dont want to recover

#11 ·
Just a couple of ideas,Not saying this is what you should use just a couple of examples I used I removed the Lt Gray interior I had Camry seats and console

The first set in these photos is from a 2008 Bmw 535 they fit the best for me because if the risers I built in the floor the height and with are Ideal for an AD cab
the second photo is from an infinity Q35 a little narrow in sholders
the third set is from from a Lexus a little to wide in seat area my console would not clear.
The last photo shows the riser built in floor my air cond vent tubes will run inside console beside the shifter through the riser and exit behind the seat thru a set of 71 Chevy Cheyenne pu air cond vents turned vertical on each corner behind seats ,
don't know how that will look but after ibstalled it will be to late ,I will have to learn to like it :D:D
post some photos along,

Attachments

#18 ·
I used the front seats from a 1995 caprice. 60/40 split, fits perfect I made front risers to level them and reinforced the rear bolt holes. Reupholstered them with red vinyl and white piping. I also added a 3" piece of steel to the back frame to allow them to tilt forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.