Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 53 Belair conv rust repair
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
I couldnt have said it any better...working with this stuff is a challenge few are up to..welcome to the club...
Are you planning on any changes or modifications like ,taillights ,body drops suspension etc...
It will probably be a mild custom painted red with white cove. I hope to make it a big block 4 speed car. Nosed, decked, lowered with skirts. PS PB Air etc. My intent was to subframe it but I keep reading posts that talk about what a nightmare it is to subframe these cars. I don't really want to spend 2500 dollars for a new mustang II set up. Not sure at this point how to best handle the front suspension. S10 was my original choice but there may be better ways. In the old days a lot of people used Cavalier racks on the origional suspension. Ball bearing wheel bearings with a bit block sounds a little iffy to me though. I just don't know.

If you look closely at my pictures it will occur to you, I have lots of time to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacustoms View Post
Looks like a lot of work ahead John, but I'm sure you can handle it. I look forward to the continued updates of the build. Kinda looks like a 68 Camaro we are working on, we are using the factory fire wall, EVERYTHING else will be replaced

Kelly
Do you need the rear steer subframe?

Thanks for the interest and support guys.

John
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (08-07-2014), OldF250XLT (06-02-2014)