Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 53 Belair conv rust repair
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 02:10 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Guys, I bought the Bolt-a-Matic 1000 for standard threads from Harbor Freight but alas, it reminded me of their tail pipe expander. I used it one time and the main thread cutting cutter blade that fastened to the center core piece that you adjust for course or fine threads broke and the adjustable center alignment hole that you adjust for the different size bolts stretched to the point that all the bolts came out 1/32 oversized with every other thread missing. Other than that it was quite a little gadget.

I did return it and they were very gracious about taking it back.

Does Tractor Supply still sell bolts by the pound?
Ah! You probably didn't read all of the instructions. Had you read all the way through you would have seen that before use you had to gauge the temp of the day and the humidity and adjust the Tensile Rod according to the graph found in Chang Sing Low's " Book of Mystical Things and Harbor Frieght's Tensile Rod Graphs". Had you done that and set the Tensile Rod for maximum Skim it-a worked like a dream!

Remember what Mother use to say, " Always read the instructions and don't pick your nose"

BB