Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 53 Belair conv rust repair
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

bead roller

I just copied things from several other panel beaters. We are up on the farm breating a lot of smoke from all the forest fires. MORE MIS MANAGEMENT BY THE BLM and US FOREST SERVICE. Most of my tools are down south where we spend the winters. for the skate wheel I ordered trial pieces from reids a (1 us-105) and a (1-AU-824) one was gray and the good one was orange. I don't know which part no is which. For the quick release I used a push type action toggle clamp like the grizzly industrial tool catalog part no G1777. For the toggle I used 6 pieces of wrought iron base plates. They are a piece of 1 x 3 x 1/8 in strap rounded ends a hole in each end I bought from MetalMart in their wrought iron part aisle for about 49 cents each . I paired up the pieces to form a Y laying on its side. The toggle is fastened to the side leg. The top y piece to the crank controlled adjuster rod , and the bottom leg is connected to the roller bearing block. A bolt goes thru the intersection of all the y pieces. Its handy when running multiple passes to get it set then just toggle up the release move over the sheet , then toggle down with the same setting.