Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 53 Belair conv rust repair
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,122 Times in 997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
You know guys, I was thinking a day or 2 ago as I was waiting to fall asleep. (It takes sleep a while to slip up on me.) I want people to realize my purpose with this thread is not to represent myself as one of the great metal workers but rather to show the guests and novices that look at these threads that with a limited amount of cheap import tools and a little patience that an inexpensive project can be built on a budget. Not only that but it can be done to a level of quality that creates pride of ownership as well as having market value. There is a big difference in spending your money and in investing it in a project.

Do I think I can make a nice car out of this thing. Hell yes. Do I think it will ever win best of show. Not a chance. Will I enjoy the car? I already am.

John
John, don't think about that for a second. Anyone who looks at this thread and sees "grandstanding" or something like that has a problem themselves, YOU are a gentleman and no one with the common sense God gave them could say anything different.

I love this thread!

Brian