Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 53 buick drivetrain swap?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,127 Times in 1,001 Posts
I don't know, rebuilding a Buick is much more expensive than a Chevy, but really, are we in this hobby to save money or build and drive cool cars? Don't mean to be a smart alec, I just feel driving something different is more fun that's all. Says the guy who drives a stone stock flathead 6 powered Rambler everyday and today drove his Buick Gran Sport powered by a 401 nailhead while building a 48 Chevy pickup to be powered by a 235 inline six with three side draft 1953 Corvette intake. And I am CHEAP I don't make a bunch of money, not by a long shot, and my wife is a stay at home mom. I build this stuff on a SUPER tight budget. I just find a way to do what I want. I think to go the cheap route is often no cheaper first off, it's just a "different" way not so much cheaper. I think by the time you add up all the parts needed, it just isn't that much of a savings. Yes sometimes its a bunch, but most of the time I honestly think it's a dream that money is saved by a swap to a "cheaper" motor.

Brian