54 Chevy 2dr. Sedan and weather stripping - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 09:48 PM

Last journal entry: Por 15
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

54 Chevy 2dr. Sedan and weather stripping

Guys,
I havenít posted in a while, I have been searching for allot of my answers. I have been looking around and haven't found what I was looking for.

Background: I am doing ALLOT of rust repair on the interior of the car. I am probably being overly anal but, that's the way I build my cars. So when I pulled the carpet I found holes in the floor, when I pulled the door panels I found HELL. You can check our project journal to see what I am talking about and Ill update it again soon. My concern is this; I plan on driving the heck out of this car. So I want to protect all my hard work. I am obviously going to spray rust protectant but, the design for removing water from under these windows is just BAD.

My question is, does anyone sell water tight seals for the windows? I am working on the rear right now, but the front should get the same treatment.
Is there a universal weather-strip that I could adapt somehow?

For the rear windows, is there some sort of weather strip that would keep the water out, even if the windows can't roll up and down?

Advertisement

Last edited by Riot Racing; 10-04-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 09:54 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

just drill more drainage holes in the doors if your worried. the fuzzies were what most cars used for a long time. drainage holes are what cured the leakage problem
Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 AM

Last journal entry: Por 15
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well,
That tray that is suppose to catch the water and bring it to the drainage holes has completely rust away and is now removed from the window area, so I'll have to fab something similar.

But the car obviously had plenty of drainage holes it and still got alot of rust damage, I would just hate to see that happen to all my hard work.

It seems like there aren't any weather strps out there, so I will likely fab up a new water catch tray and then replace the other sheetmetal items, Then paint everything with some sort of rust protectant once I am done with the welding and such.

Still looking for some sort of product though!!!

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.