Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 540 BBC build
Thread: 540 BBC build
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:31 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

thanks for the good advise, and believe me, i will get a 9" asap. My goal here is to build a great motor, and then take it easy as i save up for a sturdy rear and other components.

Quote:
Why not do a 427-ish SBC?? Lighter, cheaper, easier to fit, easier on the already endangered 7.5" rear(I really recommend ditching it for a 8.8" Ford conversion at least). It would more than meet your goal and be a more balanced car.
i also have has several forums about doing that, but in the end i chose bbc. I would like to thank KillerFormula for suggesting the idea, i believe that he was the first one... and it stuck.

i have already laid out about $8000 for the motor alone, but this won't be an over-nighter. if i can get a second job, we that will increase my "budget".

it probably won't see the track untill april 2011.

Thank you Tech for the links, i well be doing a bit of reading.

i guess i got ahead of myself.... I really only need 600ish hp to run 10's. i honestly don't think i can handle a motor that has potential for 9's. but then again... there is no such thing as too much HP

i might step down to the bb-2plus heads, and aim for power levels in their area of the field.

BUT for now, i am looking for good internal parts that will handle anything from 600hp to 800hp.

Would a lunati sledgehammer with eagle esp rods be appropriate for this power range?

i will see what is doable, and figure a more specific plan.

edit: in the 540 Godzilla Rat article, i do like the bb-2plus build with the lunati 272/280 cam and the super victor. it seams to pump out real good torque #'s and and good HP.

Last edited by Biscuit6447; 03-06-2010 at 12:39 AM.