Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 09:31 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have not figured out how to post pics on here yet. On my pickup when I first lowered it and did the tires and wheels I had 275x60's on 8 1/2 wide wheels with a 60 inch wide rearend and I had about a half inch of clearance on the inside and outside. it did rub on the inside sometimes, then a couple of years ago I changed my rear suspension to a NoLimit FatBar, 4 bar kit with air bags and also changed my rear tires to 255x60 x15. Now I have about 3/4 of an inch clearance inside and out. If I stand back and look at my pickup from the side there is about 2 inches of tire showing between the top of the wheel and the edge of the fender.
Tim I don't think tires on 10 inch wheels will fit between the fenders and the side of the bed. I would go with 295x50's on ten inch wheels if you are willing to tub the inside of the bed alittle. Which ever tire you decide on mount them on the 10's and put them under the truck where you want them and measure between the mounting surface for the rearend length you need.
I would have put 10 inch wheels on the rear of my pickup if I could have found the wheels I wanted for a realistic price.
Gene