Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Almost Done... hahaha

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys, one more project in the planing phase, i am trying to price out/figure out how to do a power steering conversion in my 55 TF 3100 with manual steering and a 350ci, i have been googleing the hell out of this... as much as i am able with my slower than dial up internet, lol... and i am seeing several different kits/options ranging anywhere from $200 to $1400, i just need something simple that will work, do i just need to unbolt the old manual steering box, bolt on a new power steering box, and find an old power steering pump/bracket off something with a 350 and run the supply and return lines? and i'm done or is there more to it, i see some places have just the box from $250-$500, some have a kit with the box/bracket/pump/lines around $750, and then there are some places with a kit for about $1500 that has everything and what looks like steering arms and such. I dont mind going to a salvage yard and searching for a pump/bracket if i can save some cash, and if i can find a descent steering box (not sure what vehicle to be looking for) i wouldnt mind that however I am not sure what modifications/fabrications wouldbe needed to use a donor box, and i dont have a welder, although i will be looking for one when i get back to the States. Thanks guys you all have been great for helping me get a lot of my plans squared away so i can get right to work when i get back, i appreciate it.