Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Almost Done... hahaha

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadetreeTim
EvilBeef, Those year trucks had a factory coil over setup that could be described as a ladder bar. The weak link is the driveshaft. They have a 2-piece driveshaft with a carrier bearing in the middle.
Unless it is truly a custom aftermarket ladder setup, I would not consider it. It would be far simpler to cut off all brackets and weld on some spring perches. Have it done in an afternoon.

hey tim, thanks for the info, it does look like a aftermarket setup, here's the info

Quote:
have some parts for the 67-72 chevy trucks. what i have for sale is on the list:
chris alston lader bar rear suspension with coil overs---450.00 obo $700 w/rear end! rear end 12 bolt i think the gears are 3:90's has power tracks locker and all new brakes --- 325.00 (the locker alone cost $450.00!)
and a picture

what do you think, first off, i just want to confirm, this rear end by it self will go in just fine, with just needing spring perches welded on correct?

Question 2 assuming that this rear end will work, do you think i should do the ladder bar or just the rear?

i am not a welder, but am more than willing to learn, and/or have someone local come do the welding after i get everything lined up