Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Almost Done... hahaha

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57halfton
I think I would pass on that setup, It sounds a little pricey to me. If you are thinking of running the ladder bars with your stock leaf springs its not a good idea because of binding in the way a rearend moves up and down with leaf springs and shackles. And the ladder bars are going to want to move the rearend up and down in an arch like this ) . And I would guess the ladder bars have metal Heim joints in them also , they will make for a very harsh ride.
I like Chevelle rearends , 64 to 67's are 60 inches wide and 68 to 72's are 61 inches wide overall plus a 5 on 4 3/4 Chevrolet lug pattern. Also check 67 to 69 Camaro or 68 to 72 Nova , they are 60 and 61 inches wide. All can be found in 10 or 12 bolt , 12 bolts harder to find and cost more.
Evilbeef are you in Nor Cal ?
Gene
yup i am in norcal, i have been searching CL for a while looking for one that will work, this is the only one i can find right now that looks like it will work, and if it is 6 lug that means i dont have to buy new wheels just yet. I was probably gonna pass on the ladder bars and just get the rear. Still waiting to hear back from another guy before i make a decision, I would prefer something with slightly smaller gears, maybe i can get to a pick and pull and find a 2nd gen camaro rear, but then im gonna be spending extra cash on wheels as well and i really dont even know where a pick and pull is around here since i pretty much just moved back.