Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 01:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

sounds like you are where I was a year ago. I was going to camaro clip mine, but the good ole boys here talked me out of it. way to go ogre! I am glad too because there is just too much work invoved that you don't realize untill it's too late. like rad support mounts and bumper mounts. anyway, I went with a MII kit from total cost involved. with 2" lower spindles and air ride so I can still get in the driveway without hitting anything. you just have to do some research and know what you want to end up with in the end because most people I talked to say the same thing-most kits are pretty vague on the instructions- you could look at welders series as well, they have a do it yourself kit if-you can weld stuff- also look on ebay, there are some brand name goods there as well. I would stay away from the no-name stuff because you don't know what thickness of metal etc and some of the tubular A arms I saw were scrap, bad welds etc. there is also heidts, art morrison, and others. just google it or look in the magazine ads.
anyway, good luck
dsraven