Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 AM
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up

Last journal entry: Body work and U bolts
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Actually DD I have front and rear sway bars. Like you said it makes a world of difference on the old trucks. (I might have to make the mounts like yours now!) I have front disk on the straight axle along with the brake booster. I also installed power steering with a tilt column. As soon as I get my new shop finished I will be moving the truck in there for a complete tear down to the frame. I am not going to make a show truck...just make a daily driver out of it. I am thinking about cutting the frame to make a shortbed out of it. I posted the question here. Shorting a 1955 truck frame..should I?

I was hoping for more input, but i guess not many people have done it. I will get with Willys36...he seems to have alot of knowledge in these areas. I also would like to have a gasser look to it so Willys36 seems to be the gasser king..I will ask for his input when the time comes. (Willys has been a great help along with a bunch of other guys to help me with my problems..I love this site. So Willys36..any comments on the frame shorting?)

Last edited by gator412; 09-20-2006 at 09:26 AM.