Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 07:28 PM
DaveNTN

Last journal entry: The Dash is ready!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've been looking at different setups and wondering what all I need to do when I set this thing up. I've been considering a line lock. When I get it back in the garage I'll check and see what rear gears I'm running. I'm going to have to put new brake shoes on the 53. Can't get the side with that had the brake fluid leak to quit grabbing. I'm just going to change out to new shoes. I'll probably order the brake kit and the lower mono leaf spring from CPP. I think they are all about the same. Looks like it will be after the first of the year before I get the motor back. The shop had gotten some heads that had the brass fitting just a tad too long where the valves ride in the head. It just literally beat the rocker bolt in two. The new intake should give me 30 or so more horses to play with and they seem to think that problem I was having with the slow starting when hot had to do with that same valve spring. Hope this takes care of it all. It was 70 degrees here in TN today. Snow?