Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Worn Out and Broken

Wiki Edits: 0

Well, howdy! Man! I finally got this thread read all the way through, making notes along the way, and can now post - not that it was really necessary, but I tend to be "retentive", or so I am told. Thanks for starting the thread, DD, and for pointing me this way; lots of good stuff on this'un. All of you have some great trucks going, here.

I probably have the longest running ownership on this thread - got my '59 3100 BW Step in October of '71; most of you were just "pups" then. It has been my commuter car, a work truck, a semi-hot rod, and now it's a yard car. I have plans to tear it down to the frame and make it what I always dreamed for it, but life keeps getting in the way. As it sits right now, it is on the original running gear and rear end, but has a mildly warmed 350 - it's third engine, and Muncie "rock crusher" in it. It has been sitting, basically untouched, for ten years, now, due to health and those "life" things (money, family, etc.), but hope carries on.

I have some experiential annecdotes, ideas, and a few questions to post, but for now, this will have to do; other priorities beckon. I'll be baack.