Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:14 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hotrodsbyray I put coil-over shocks on all 4 corners so the 58 rides on the coils when empty and the leafs when loaded.For the front I just drilled out the rivets on the old shock mounts and traced the mount onto a piece of 1/2 inch plate steel and cut them out with a metal blade in my skill saw and used the stock mount for the rear.I over laped one onto the other and hit them with a 10 lb sledge hammer to put a slight bend in them to make room for the coils.I counter sunk the top hole so the bolt head would not hit the coil when the shocks were mounted.I just measured the travel( from mount hole to mount hole.All the way extended and all the way collapsed) of the front and rear shocks.I was able to get Edelbrock sensatrack coil-overs for the rear and Americana coil-over shocks for the front from my local NAPA parts store.I can take pictures of them for you on monday if you want me to.The 58 no longer rides like a buck board.It rides as smooth as my 97 chevy van now.

Last edited by DOUBLEDICK; 12-02-2006 at 11:20 PM.