Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEDICK
Strait axles worked on gassers for years and you don't see T buckets with independent front suspension.Tom Meyer's truck is nice with its camaro suspension and I love the 4 link on Kim's truck but that isn't what I want for my work truck. I have to go off road to a job site once in a while.I like knowing I have 14 inches of ground clearance on my headers and when I pull my trailer it doesn't push my truck around at all.
I will still stick to my belief that a straight axle is a dangerous suspension component as they are not forgiving in an emergency maneuver,especially in a vehicle that pushes as much air as an old truck...come on, a sub frame conversion is not that hard to do, just MEASURE 4 TIMES AND CUT ONCE and you will never be sorry that you did not waste your time on 100 year old technology ...and yes you do see many rods with independent suspension..my CAMEO had a dropped axle, so I know where I am coming from and at 120 + miles per hour it was scary to say the least,or if it went sideways on a 2 nd. gear shift, hope for the best, as it is hard to recover from..sorry I am so opinionated, but i am old..been there/done that..

Last edited by handsome harv; 01-03-2007 at 05:09 PM.