Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 PM

Last journal entry: 57 pickup 8.8 rear axle install
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE=gator412]Ok guys I started the tear down of the truck to get the cab off so I can paint the frame and do any repairs the cab might need. I believe the cab will need repairs based on how bad the fenders were. So this is probably no big deal to most of you but this is the first time I will have taken a truck down to the frame.

My body work class starts in a few weeks so I have to get the cab off so I can bring it to school to work on it.

I am getting a lot of ideas from this thread and all the tri five truck owners out there. So who knows what the truck will look like when it is done. I need to finish it in about a year an a half so my oldest daughter can drive it to school in her senior year. She thinks the truck is cool! My youngest daughter name the truck "cheeks" when she was about 5. She walked out to the truck and put her hand on the back cab about where the gas filler is and said"Daddy your truck has cheeks." So the name has stuck. But I am rambling now. Any way check out the pic and there are a few more in my journal and let me know what you think.

Gator, when I pulled my cab off I set it on a dolly I made with 1" sq. tube and 4 small wheels the size of wheelbarrow wheels. I had it set up so I could tilt it forward or backward to work on the cab. I could send a pic if you like. When I was plugging holes on the firewall with the welder I used a magnetic welding ground cable clamp that had a brass center so the weld wouldn't stick.