Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 12:40 PM
DaveNTN

Last journal entry: The Dash is ready!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEDICK
Dave I am at home now and don't have to go back to Vegas till next Thursday.Linda is doing well and can move about so I can work on fabricating the rest of the parking brake.I am going out the fire wall were the stock bar went through.I plan to make the bracket underneath the truck bolt up at the brake booster so it should work fine on your truck even though you are coming out the shifter hole with your cable.I plan to start that project tomorrow.Today after I build a fire and get the shop and the parts warm enough to paint. I plan to paint my brake handle and the bracket I made.I will post pictures of the placement of the bracket before and after I bolt the handle back in and bolt the cable to it.
Sounds great. Hope everything is going well for the wife. I'm going to order the 67 cable today along with some misc. bolts and gaskets. Brakes are the next thing on my list. I called CPP and they are sending me out a new caliper. Hope this one fits. Such a wierd thing to happen. I'm busy at work this week and won't get to work on the truck much. Going to run by the paint store today and try to match up the paint so I can repaint the dash before I start on the wiring and interior. I have a cover plate on the dash where the heater controls go on the fancier models. I'm going to weld that shut and do some minor body work on the dash. It is so sweet watching this thing go back together. Hard not to get in a rush to get it done. It is in the 60's here today. Really warm for this time of year. Got the Spring juices flowin.
Dave