Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 12:39 PM
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up

Last journal entry: Body work and U bolts
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEDICK
Gator on that ford 9 inch rearend you have how wide 2 or 2 1/2 and how big are the drums 10 inch or 11 inch.Did you measure across the bed to see how wide it is between the wheel wells.On my 58 an inch wider worked fine an inch narrower would have put my tires 1/8 inch from the bed
DD - 11" drums 2 1/2" wide.
The bed width at the wheels is 50". Original spring perch 42" center to center new 41". Original backing plate to backing plate 55" new 53" Original drum outside to outside 62" new 61".

Your right about putting new perches on cause it will bug me till I do it. So might as well do it now while it is easy to work on. I need to have the axles drilled out to 4 3/4 pattern to match my front hubs. So I will only have to carry one size spare.

DD I have never seen a clear rear cover. That would look real cool...too bad it broke. Did you contact them about it? Just wonder what they would have to say.

About having fun like you and Dave....this is the FIRST time I have worked on a vehicle this way...so I am going to enjoy it. But now everything is accessible so where do I start? Actually if I get bored I switch to something else that needs work...and there are a few (read many) areas that need it.