Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55 to 59 chevy truck owners
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:51 PM

Last journal entry: camaro clip con't 56 chevy truck
Wiki Edits: 0

Its a yard in san jose that parts them out so I am not sure of the condition until i drive down there (2 hours)

I was originally going to get a 70-73 but then i talked to the guru (hundreds of swaps under his name) and he said I want a 74-80 with front steer.

I am going to get it installed so I can then send it over to media blasting, from that point I will worry about the small stuff.

But you have a point if its chewed up I will talk him down on the price or have him provide a better clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57halfton
Redfox, Iv'e never priced a Camaro clip before but what rear Camaro is it from , is the steering box power is it in front or behind the A frame , are the brake rotors smooth or all trashed with grooves from worn out brake pads does it have 11 inch rotors and good calipers, hows the bushings look ?
If all this is good then 450 is a fair price I guess. If its all trashed your going to have to rebuild all of it before you can use it then 450 ain't so good.
You may want to rebuild it all anyway, bushings , ball joints , tie rod ends.
Take a good look at it .
Gene