55 to 59 chevy truck owners - Page 157 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 02:41 AM
Almost Done... hahaha

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiez84
Anyonw know where or have the outer grill piece for a 55 2nd series 3100?? All i need is the outer ring in fairly good condition.

yeah, keep checking SF Bay area craigslist, the guy i picked my truck up from lives in Petaluma, he has a couple of random Task Force parts including what you are looking for, word of warning though, when you talk to him on the phone he sounds like a tweaker and is incredibly hard to get OFF the phone with, then when you see him he is just a really hyper stoner who has smoked too much of his "medicine" lol, but he has parts and needs cash. I have his email adress at home somewhere, i'll try to have my wife look for it.

****Edit****

I found another post of his, doesnt have the grill listed but he may still have it, email him, he has a bit of stuff, some of it is crap some of it is good, the grill looked to be in good condition i think, i'll pm you the link

Advertisement

Last edited by evilbeef54; 03-30-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 02:46 AM
Almost Done... hahaha

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre
evilbeef
i bought a similar 21 gal tank from no limit engineering nolimit.net with in tank efi pump, gauge and side filler for $450 (in 2004)
i had some problems with the tank but i think they have fixed the problems now.
they had put the wrong type of fuel line inside the tank and it disintegrated after 3 mths
write them direct customerservice@nolimit.net

thanks for the info, anyone else have any experience with these? what else is needed for this kit, the fuel lines and sender? anyone have any experience with the ebay tanks?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiez84
Anyonw know where or have the outer grill piece for a 55 2nd series 3100?? All i need is the outer ring in fairly good condition.
I have the complete grill, its painted and in decent condition. I will be taking to pomona swap meet on the 17th of april. let me know if your interested. I was gonna ask 50.00 for the whole thing.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Last journal entry: Just drove it home - 55 Chevy C3100
Last photo:

How to get hinges out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEDICK
fasteddy51 I just looked at www.classicparts.com and clicked on the 55 to 59 catalog.they have the bolts you want.Page 17.I have the 58 boxed in out back so I cant even open the doors without moving the motor home.I cant take pictures right now.Good luck.post pictures when you can
Good advice but I can't figure out how to get my stock hinges out. What the secret the heads are round with no slots and the bolts are in a place that no wrench is getting to?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:15 AM

Last journal entry: Project 57
Last photo:

Nice ride Richard. My name is Travis an I'm building a 57 step side. I put it on a 59 shortbed frame. So far got the TCI front IFS under it an the TCI rear leaf lowering kit too. Bought CPP power brake kit that mounts in the stock location under the floor. I've got a 355 with a Holley Systemax waiting to be put it an a 700r4. A rearend from a 77 Nova takes the place of the front load car rearend someone else had already swapped in. Looking forward to any info you or anybody else can offer me on here.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 AM

Last photo:

Glad you joined the fun Travis.We have just about everything posted here so take the time to read this thread and don't forget to check out the journals(links on posts) they have a ton of pictures and great work done by some really talented people.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Another transplanted Okie

Last journal entry: DMV Trip
Last photo:

Ok, so I was concerned that my truck may just blend in with all the other cars on the road today. I decided to guarantee it's uniqueness by ordering a personalized plate. So now if you see a faded green, lowered 57 GMC on the road, you won’t have to wonder if it is me.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	391 040611.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	54245  
Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 PM
the 'Duracell Project'

Last photo:

i give up shadetree. what does it mean?

i went the same route but they spelled my name backwards
my 09 sierra is just 'truk' again they spelled it backwards

Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 PM

Last photo:

I think its a refrence back to when you had a ticket book at Disney. They had A thru E tickets for the rides. A's were lame, E's were thrill rides.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Another transplanted Okie

Last journal entry: DMV Trip
Last photo:

Cal1320 is correct, I meant to imply e-ticket. Prior to 1982 Disneyland issued A through E ticket books.
A-tickets gained admittance to the kiddie rides. E-tickets were always the coolest rides.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 AM

Am Interested In Your Item

Hello,
I saw your item posted on hotrodders Classifieds Ad and am very much interested in buying the item from you and i will be glad if you can get back to me with the item condition and final asking price. More also i will be paying you by US certified checks or bank transfer or money order i hope that's OK by you so i will like you to get back to me so i can arrange with the shipper that will pick up the item and make a necessary arrangement about the payment.....But firstly please kindly get back to me with answer to the following question:
Full Name:
Home Address:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
The last asking price of the item:
Phone Number:

you can get back to me true my email abelfred80@yahoo.com
Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 AM

Hello,
I saw your item posted on hotrodders Classifieds Ad and am very much interested in buying the item from you and i will be glad if you can get back to me with the item condition and final asking price. More also i will be paying you by US certified checks or bank transfer or money order i hope that's OK by you so i will like you to get back to me so i can arrange with the shipper that will pick up the item and make a necessary arrangement about the payment.....But firstly please kindly get back to me with answer to the following question:
Full Name:
Home Address:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Phone Number:

Old 04-07-2011, 08:06 AM

Hello,
Full Name:
Home Address:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Phone Number:

Old 04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Almost Done... hahaha

Last photo:

LOL, gotta love it when the scammers are so stupid they cant even work the oldest scam ever correctly
Old 04-07-2011, 06:02 PM
the 'Duracell Project'

Last photo:

oh, send me your bank account number too

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.