55 to 59 chevy truck owners - Page 55 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 11:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

DD
I had a 67 short bed fleet-side with a 283 and power-glide. Wish I still had it.
RAYzr
Nice looking truck. Post more pics so we can get a better look at the unibody work.
Kim

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 07:37 AM

Last journal entry: camaro clip con't 56 chevy truck

I am buying another truck tomarrow a 55. I will be selling off a lot of parts I have collected for my 56. So if anyone is interested let me know.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:38 AM

great race 57

hey guys
we went to a Great Race stopover in Sparta TN yesterday - 70 awesome cars including an ancient Peterbilt that has been converted in to a chopped coupe!
but, there is a great couple from OH that are competing in a black 57 chevy pickup that is a really nice truck.
they will be going from nashville today across to AR, OK, TX, NM, AZ then CA. go to greatrace.com to see the route.
if you are nearby stop and see some great old cars and support the truck guys!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:01 AM

Last journal entry: RAYzr
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57
DD
I had a 67 short bed fleet-side with a 283 and power-glide. Wish I still had it.
RAYzr
Nice looking truck. Post more pics so we can get a better look at the unibody work.
Kim
Thanks Kim...here's a couple more...working tailgate made from the old barn style doors, ta subframe, 455 pontiac, turbo 400, one piece power windows, frenched parking and tailights, etc...Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	57 pickup 004.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	22507   Click image for larger version

Name:	57 pickup 006.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	22508  
Old 07-04-2007, 03:13 PM
...these go to eleven

Last photo:

Hey guys. The wiring is still coming along. I wish I better understood what is going on with the circuits and all...I'm just glad each wire says on it where it goes. I have a question about the steering column wiring. My truck has the original column in it, and there's a 6-wire connector along with a separate single wire connector coming out of it. Can anybody tell me what each wire is for? Thanks for the Power Filter advice, DD. I will get one ordered. By the way, cool truck rayzr!
-Matt
Old 07-05-2007, 09:09 AM
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up

Last journal entry: Body work and U bolts
Last photo:

Matt..glad to hear the wiring is coming along. If you don't get an answer here try posting your electrical questions in the electrical section. Doc vet will probably be able to answer all your questions I think he is a retired automotive electrical engineer. Just make sure you give him all the info on the truck....year make, model, engine size and tranny.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:03 PM

Last journal entry: Nothing
Last photo:

Hey guys I did not know this long discussion on chevy trucks was going on over here. I would like to join in. I have a 1958 Chevy that I'm changing the front clip to a 55. When done it will be running a 2003 5.3, 4L60E, mustang II, and 4 link. You can check out some build pics at my site.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mkabwe

By the way Southern Cali guys, whos going to the Brothers Truck Show sunday?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:15 PM
zim@Eagle Mi.

Last photo:

[QUOTE=ChevApache59]Hey guys. The wiring is still coming along. I wish I better understood what is going on with the circuits and all...
If you leave this site, please advise me where you are going........... I am following your adventures closely.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:01 PM

Last photo:

Matt I will go out to my 58 on Friday afternoon and will post which wires are which for you.I have to go to work tonight so it will be in the afternoon tomorrow.I just put a new turn signal switch in my 58 so it fresh in my mind what you need.I just have to double check with my test light so I give you accurate information. Makabwe welcome to the boards.We all love these trucks and are glad to have another project to check out.I drive a 58 and am doing mine in the 70's style, just like we did our trucks when I was in high school.For me I get to be a 16 year old kid every time I get behind the wheel.That is probably why I broke it on the drag strip

Last edited by DOUBLEDICK; 07-05-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:15 PM
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up

Last journal entry: Body work and U bolts
Last photo:

Hi Mkebwe
Welcome to hotrodders. I have a 55 2nd series chevy truck...it appears to be in the shape yours is (or was). I enjoyed your journal on cardomain. Keep up the work and visit often (I need lots of help..lol)..oh and post some pics...we like pics.

Later,
James
Old 07-05-2007, 06:02 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the welcome, as of right now I taking every back apart and getting ready for media blasting. I already blasted and painted the frame. I brought some 55 fender at the swapmeet (I had some terrible ones) that looked good until I took them down to bare metal. So I had to repair them.lol It took two fenders to make one. Its a good thing I had the terrible ones to use for patch panels.

Doner fender

Patched fender

Old 07-05-2007, 10:36 PM

Last photo:

Hey mkabwe
Welcome to the site.
I'm going to try and make it to the show on Sunday.
Seems like your finding the same thing that I am on my 57. The more I do the deeper the whole seems to get.
Nice work on the fender.
I also like your 55.
Kim
Old 07-05-2007, 11:59 PM
...these go to eleven

Last photo:

Thanks very much for checking those wires, DD! The turn signals are one of the few things left to do. I have the day to myself tomorrow; after I go get a ballast resistor I might see if I can get the truck fired up. Hopefully I put that distributor in close enough, I should've finished the wiring work before trying to put that in.
Welcome mkabwe! I have a fender that needs the lower corner patched. All we have to weld with right now is an oxygen/acetylene torch. I would try to go ahead and put a patch in it, but almost all my attempts at gas welding on sheetmetal have resulted in a warped mess. I want a MIG real bad.
Gazim, I'm not going anywhere. I have about all the help I need here at Hotrodders. I don't know much, but I'll try to help when I can. The rewire project is just about the limit (skill-wise) for me at this point. Several times I have found myself asking "What have I done?" I am confident that it will work well, though. Of course if there are any problems I know where to go.
Good luck everybody!
-Matt
Old 07-06-2007, 09:57 AM
zim@Eagle Mi.

Last photo:

I'll be watching for your next post
Old 07-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Last photo:

Hey Kim57,

I hope to meet you at the Brothers Truck Show. Thanks for the comment on the 55 210 I really love that car. I must be crazy to start building a truck so soon after the 55 210, but I always wanted a 55 big window chevy truck I guess I'm just addicted to old American Metal at least thats how I explain it to my wife.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.