Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55-59 door and cab woes
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

55-59 door and cab woes

55-59 chevy and gmc owners.
I have a 57 gmc that I am replacing the doors with another set of used doors. the fitment sucks. are they all like that? it seems like the door opening is wider than the door by quite a bit. also, the front post of the cab seems to be at a different angle than the door mating area. if I get the door to fit the cowl then it rubs at the top front edge and the angle at the rear of the door is off. if I match the rear door angle for gap then the front is off. can't seem to win. I am just mocking everything up before I do some panel replacements and hinge pillar work, but it should fit better than that I think.
I also need to replace the roof skin. anybody have any pics of what this looks like with the skin off? I don't want to go cutting through anything that is hidden behind the inner panel. does the roof skin attach at the window pinch weld, then along the drip rail? I could drill out the spot welds and take the skin off in one piece? I plan on going dripless so could I just zip disc above the drip rails?
thanks, any pics you could attach would be awesome and much appreciated.