Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55-59 door and cab woes
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

well, I have 2 cabs. one that is good above the beltline except it was hit at some point so the pass side door opening is sort o humped up at the top. the new (used) door really shows it (plus it isn't even close to fitting well), so I tried installing the old door just to see if my newer door was the problem. turns out the old door was custom welded to fit the wierd cab opening. not that it fit well either. when I got the truck i thought it was because the hinges and pillars were rusty, plus it was minus 32celsius. I have another cab but the area at the front above the windshield is badly rusted and soft, even on the inner structure as well. my doors fit pretty good on this cab. it needs about the same for repairs below the beltline, (I know, bad choice of words) the cab corners, rockers with steps, lower hinge pillars and some of the floor with front cab mounts. i am trying to decide what is less work, the door opening repair or the roof skin. i looked for another cab but no luck. I am just leary of the door opening problem because without the proper tooling who knows if there is anything else out of alignment. wouldn't want to do all that work and find out the hinge pillar is out of whack too. I plan on doing an extended cab so I want it straight before I start with cutting the back wall out and fabbing the insert.