Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 55-59 door and cab woes
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:21 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hey, thanks for the reply guys. i checked out the extended cab build thread. man that is a lot of fitting. Iare you planning on pancaking the hood? always wanted to see one of those ad trucks with a pancake job. looks pretty cool so far.
well, I decided to check out the rusty section on the 58 chevy cab windshield area. I figured I had zip to lose by cutting it open. after I removed the centre piece (and the mouse nest that probably caused the rust problem) it doesn't look all the hard to fix, compared to the gmc cab. soooo, i guess I will have a 58 chevy cab, with a 57 gmc dash and front clip. could be worse. i just love that gmc front end, and I plan on using a cluster from a 2001 chevy p/u, so the gmc dash would work better because the hump over the speedo is wider. actually, I like the dash from a 57 chevy car, with the 2 humps. that would look cool in there, but not enough room for what I want to do, cluster wise. I will try to get some pics attached so you can see my dilema. the doors actuall fit pretty good on the chevy cab compared to the gmc cab.
on another topic, has anybody got pics of the classic air conditioner/heater combo? I just need to know if there is some reason why the vents from the cowl would need to be kept. i could fab up my own heater/ac unit, but if the afternarket has a good unit that works for me too.
dennis