55 Chevy 2nd design back half question - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2010, 10:34 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

55 Chevy 2nd design back half question

Okay, I have done alot of things as a mechanic throughout the years. I also know that to be a good mechanic, one must understand they do not know all the answers but know where to obtain the answers. This subject is no different. I have never backhalfed anything. I want to back half my 55 with a four link for cruising. The frame I plan on using is going to incorporate the front half of a 95 1/2 ton chevy through to the narrowed section which will be built. my question is: Does anyone have the exact rearend specs for chopping either a 9" or 12 bolt for this project? The 95 frame I have was smacked hard on the rear where I do not have a starting point. If I build the rear to match one that worked for someone else, I will at least have the correct strarting point for building my rear frame section. Brakes would be another subject for later discussion. I would like to be able to put the 95 style rear brakes back on my built rear dif. If this is possible by just incorporating correct end plates, let me know so I can remove the doubt on that one two. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing all the info,
sorj

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

moving to suspension for more answers i hope

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.