Hot Rod Forum banner

55 Chevy 2nd design back half question

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Crosley 
#1 ·
Okay, I have done alot of things as a mechanic throughout the years. I also know that to be a good mechanic, one must understand they do not know all the answers but know where to obtain the answers. This subject is no different. I have never backhalfed anything. I want to back half my 55 with a four link for cruising. The frame I plan on using is going to incorporate the front half of a 95 1/2 ton chevy through to the narrowed section which will be built. my question is: Does anyone have the exact rearend specs for chopping either a 9" or 12 bolt for this project? The 95 frame I have was smacked hard on the rear where I do not have a starting point. If I build the rear to match one that worked for someone else, I will at least have the correct strarting point for building my rear frame section. Brakes would be another subject for later discussion. I would like to be able to put the 95 style rear brakes back on my built rear dif. If this is possible by just incorporating correct end plates, let me know so I can remove the doubt on that one two. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing all the info,
sorj :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.